Uganda, often referred to as “the Pearl of Africa” is a small country by African standards, however, it is a vibrant destination where you will find warm and hospitable people, outstanding natural beauty, and the greatest variety of primates in the world including the mighty gorilla.
Uganda is home to over thirteen national parks and wildlife reserves and therefore safari options here are numerous. To help you out here are some tips for choosing gorilla safaris in Uganda.
- The best time to go on a gorilla safari is outside of the rainy season which is March to April and October to November.
- Be sure to book onto gorilla safaris in Uganda well in advance as the required permits that you will need are very restricted.
- One of the best ways of choosing a gorilla safari is by personal recommendations and word of mouth. Check out blogs etc to find the most recommended operators.
- Cost is an important factor when choosing a safari. If you have a higher budget why not opt for one that included other activities such as an overland expedition through several countries, visits to numerous national parks, city tours in places such as Kampala (Uganda’s capital city) and even chimpanzee safaris.
- You can also choose a safari according to what accommodation you wish to stay in. Although on some holidays you may stay in hotels and lodges, you can’t beat camping for the ultimate African experience and a chance to get closer to nature.
- Finally your choice of gorilla safaris in Uganda may also come down to how long you wish to go for. With tours lasting from 7 day gorilla safaris to 112 day overland journeys which include a gorilla safari, you are guaranteed to find one that suits you.